Take a peek at these sommelier-approved wine and fried chicken pairings for your next bucket of extra crispy.
Wine Pairing Alternatives
Need more options? Check out these utility players for your fried chicken.
- Tempranillo – Savory notes and fat-softening tannins make this wine a winner.
- Riesling – Aromatic sweetness and high acidity in Riesling cut through fat and embellish the umami notes in fried chicken.
- Lambrusco – The tannin and acid in this oft-maligned Italian red wine plays well with fats.
- Furmint – Whether dry (smoke, pears, lime) or sweet (stone fruit, sugar), this thick, but acidic Hungarian wine is worth your consideration.
- Grüner Veltliner – You’ll need acid with fried chicken. You’ll get it with Grüner.
- Sparking Shiraz – What you want with anything sweet and tangy, like you like.
Published on: 01/11/2017